"Hi, I'm Jaclyn
I am a multi-disciplinary artist, designer, and front-end developer.
I enjoy turning complex concepts into elegant and functional design, with a focus on simplicity and clarity.
Websites I've built ✦ as part of Monk
Things I’ve designed ✦ as part of Monk
This website has been my digital playground since I was 14, and is where I share my creativity with the world. I have always enjoyed playing with form, function, and colour, and it was through my hobbies, Neopets and Geocities when I was younger, that I fell in love with the art of code and design.
I am always experimenting with different materials and techniques and building my knowledge to bring a nuanced perspective to my work. I have achieved a bachelor's degree in arts, a diploma in design, and worked for agencies, startups, small businesses, and individuals. One thing has stayed constant though, and that is my love for problem-solving and creating beautiful, functional things.
I am particularly drawn to understated and elegant design, and highly value simplicity and meaningful storytelling.
- Adobe CC (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Clip Studio Paint
- VS Code
- CSS / Sass
- a11y fundamentals
- UI/UX design patterns
- Mac & PC proficient
- Crafting mobile<->desktop experiences for websites and apps
- Creating efficient workflows utilising design and code
- Tinkering around with the terminal to build things
- Problem solving
University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Arts (Communications)
Central Institute of Art
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
Buy me a coffeeIf you want to support me, you may buy me a coffee ♥️
You can also subscribe to access private slack channels and get in-depth updates/feedback.
Chat/SubscribeJoin my Slack channel to get updates on things I'm working on. Chat with me, get feedback, learn, encourage, and inspire each other.
Join my Slack channel
- View WIPs and get updates on things I'm working on
- Give and get feedback on your work
- Make custom art or feature requests
- Stay updated on things I create
- 3 sketch concepts
- Unlimited refinements within a two-week timeframe
- 1 final logo delivered in .jpg, .png, .eps, and .svg formats
- A basic style guide will always be included as part of the brand design process
- 1 landing/home page concept for desktop, iPad, and iPhone size delivered in Figma (alternate dimensions can be specified if necessary)
- Unlimited refinements within a two-week timeframe
- Additional inner pages can be added at +$200 each after the initial landing page has been approved
- 1 final prototype delivered in Figma
- Includes a mobile menu design and hover/focus states for interactive elements
- Accessibility will be considered at all stages
UI / UX / Product Design
- I have over 7 years experience designing digital experiences, and can add a lot of value, insight, and efficiency from a design and code perspective
- Contracts on a weekly or monthly basis can be arranged
- I always consider accessibility, responsivity, and the efficiency of design and code at all stages
- You bring the design (or I design for you). I will then transform the static design into a functional website
- Websites that require content management will be delivered using WordPress. Alternatively, a static site may be delivered depending on the design’s scope and functionality and your own needs
- If you do not have hosting or domains set up, additional costs may incur to set up these services
- Websites vary in complexity depending on the necessary functionality. Please enquire in the form to discuss your priorities and needs so I can give you an accurate estimate
- I bring a designer's approach to the front-end, and can make suggestions for accessibility and aesthetic improvements while taking into account dev efficiency and constraints
- Contract work can be arranged for ad-hoc work including EDMs, website updates/maintenance, website iteration, and more
- Hire me on an ad-hoc basis for any amount of projects you may have at a time
- Projects can be delegated and prioritised by you on Trello/Notion
- Add projects in the realm of print, visual design, digital design, and front-end development
- Suitable for agencies or in-house teams, or where design/front-end development is on an as needed basis
- Add as many projects as you like for as long as the contract states
- Up to three sketch concepts, with refinements made within two weeks after initiating the process
- After a sketch has been approved, the final illustration will be refined and delivered in the medium and size of your choice (My primary mediums are digital paint, watercolour, ink, pencil)
- 1 final illustration delivered in digital format Printing can be arranged at additional cost
- Hire me for anything pertaining to the print realm! Things I've produced in the past include posters, flyers, business cards, direct mail campaigns, and more
- Things to consider before enquiring are the finished formats your require, preferred style, image/font licensing, copy, and relevant media
If you are starting from scratch and would like to work with me for a branding+digital rollout, or would like advice, troubleshooting, or refinement on an existing project, feel free to elaborate in the form. Thank you for your interest!
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.